Wednesday 13 November 2013

Having a (brain) off day

Taking the day off in terms of blogging.  Or maybe just in terms of braining a blog post.  This is, technically, a post.

I'm annoyed by the continuing Rob Ford coverage - and it's everywhere I go, in the office, at all the banks, the local bakery/coffee shop - and as the day goes on my annoyance is only getting more pronounced.  I have resorted to actually turned the radio off at work so I don't have to listen to the man go on about how embarrassed he is but he can't turn the clock back and what do we actually expect him to do?  Apparently, no matter what motions or petitions come from city council, it's his choice, and no one can force him to step down or step aside. 

ARGH.  I promised myself I wasn't going to do this.  I have to work until 6:30 tonight, and when I get home, after I feed the dog, I am going to start my favourite mushroom barley soup in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow night, heat up some leftover pizza and turn my computer, and my brain, off.  

There's some knitting I'm inspired to finish (and let's face it, when knitters are struck by finishitis, they need to take advantage!), a hot cup of peppermint tea and my favourite blanket to enjoy, an episode of Castle to catch up on, and a bed that invites me to make its acquaintance at least an hour earlier than usual.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment